We bring you a rich and tasty homemade protein shake, which you can do without having to spend any money on supplements. Excellent option to take after a hard training at home top 10 protein shakes.
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Mug of strawberries
- 6 egg whites
- 150 g of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- A couple of ice cubes
The preparation of this protein shake, as you can see below is quite simple:
- First, we must put a saucepan with water and put it to boil. We will throw the eggs to the saucepan, and wait for them to get hard. Later we will remove them, and we will remove them the shell and the yolk of the egg. Another practical option is that we buy the liquid yolks and throw them into a pan, since the process in which they are prepared will be much faster and we will not have to discard the yolk.
- Chop the banana and strawberries into pieces.
- In a bowl, we will throw the egg whites, the fruit, the milk, the vanilla extract and the Greek yogurt. We will proceed to beat them all, until we get uniformly liquid dough.
- We will throw the ice cubes to the homemade protein shake, and we can take it whenever we want!
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Proteins: 33 g
Benefits for our body
One of the main disadvantages for which many people decide to exercise at home is because they do not have the economic resources to pay the fee or membership that is necessary to train in a gym. Given this fact, much less will have enough money to afford to buy supplements, which help them improve their muscle recovery after a hard workout. That is why we give you the recipe and the way in which we must prepare a tasty and effective protein shake.
But, why can this homemade protein shake serve us? To answer this question, it is important that we keep in mind the importance of nourishing our body after training. Equip our body with proteins and carbohydrates, will help recover damaged muscle tissue, and alter the cycle of muscle catabolism (muscle destruction), muscle anabolism (muscle building).
Right after exercising, an anabolic window opens in which our body demands nutrients that it can use in order to recover from the effort made. In case we do not provide energy, it will catabolize / destroy existing cells in our body to transform it into fuel with which it can continue to operate. However, if we provide you with the nutrients that this homemade protein shake collects, we will be able to give the body the necessary nutrients so that our muscle tone can grow.
In addition, strength of this homemade protein shake is that the ingredients used to make it are easy to achieve. In any commercial surface, we can find practically all of them, since they are the fruits of which the shake is composed are quite common, and with the rest of the ingredients the same thing happens.
After the contextualization about the homemade protein shake we have made on the importance it has when recovering from the efforts made at the time of training, we can only say, enjoy it!